Artist Adam T. Bernard will be hosting a meet and greet & informal tour of his exhibition ‘TAO / The Way’ on October 22nd at 12:30pm at the World Financial Center Courtyard Gallery.
About the Event:
Adam T. Bernard will lead an informal exhibition tour of TAO/The Way. Peppered with anecdotes about his life in Taiwan, the artist will discuss how the pieces draw from and then go beyond traditional painting and calligraphy.
About the Artist:
Adam T. Bernard spent 11 years in Taiwan working as an apprentice to a master potter, scroll mounter, and in the Dao Chang or meditation hall. His studies of Taoism and Chan (Zen) are demonstrated in this exhibition featuring over 50 paintings, works of calligraphy, and ceramics designed by the artist to take the viewer on a visual journey from traditional forms to modern interpretations.
Event listing on WFC Arts site: http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com/cgi-bin/Go.cgi?q_id=1179
General exhibition listing on WFC Arts site: http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com/cgi-bin/Go.cgi?q_id=1167
- Violent Dances Fade – Art and Poetry of Stefano Losi || EuroCircle Event
- Closing Reception for tART Year 8: A Self Curated Show || October 14th
- Open Call – Residency Unlimited Seeks NYC Based Artist for 8 Month Residency || Deadline Sept 9th
- Art Networking Breakfast with Three Fantastic Art-World Resources || October 15th
- Halsey McKay Gallery || Opening May 21, 2011