An exciting opportunity for artists both local and international, beauty seekers and perhaps those looking to build upon their artist visa (O-1) portfolios.
La Macina di San Cresci, a residence for artists and member of RES ARTIS, located in Chianti at the heart of Tuscany, announces that the Provincia di Firenze will award two residency fellowships to artists. The program invites artists from around the world to apply and work for one month in a studio at la Macina di San Cresci.
Fellowship recipients will receive a € 500 stipend, private room and studio space.
“Platform 948: engaging ideas and concepts about the environment.”
Develop a composition in which the machinery of nature and machine of art become one, through a series of interventions and through the perception of the artist.
- Video Art
- Installation Art
April 10, 2012
We are located above Greve in Chianti in the heart of Tuscany, between two great cities of the Renaissance: Florence & Siena. Here the work of nature and the work of man has shaped a unique landscape. Vineyards and olive groves interspersed with farmhouses, turreted castles and fortresses and ancient hamlets: this is the typical Chianti landscape, possibly the best-known of all of Tuscany. – La Macina di San Cresci
For more information on this fellowship as well as La Macina di San Cresci’s ongoing residency program, visit:
- Open Call – Residency Unlimited Seeks NYC Based Artist for 8 Month Residency || Deadline Sept 9th
- Create Change NYC Residency + Fellowship Program || Deadline March 23rd
- 2012 Artists’ Fellowship – NYFA || Deadline Dec. 15/16th
- Montreal + India Residency Exchange @ Darling Foundry Visual Arts Center || Feb. 20th Deadline
- December Gala Event + Residency Open Call at Flux Factory NYC || Deadline Jan. 15th